Remote Learning Information
Students will now use their nycstudent.net login for all school/NYCDOE purposes. We will no longer be using @ps185k accounts.
We realize that this may be a transition for you and our students but we are committed to providing the optimal digital experience for all students.
To create the new email address for your children follow the link below. You will need the student's OSIS number (located on report cards if needed) The email will be @nycstudents.net
If you are considering to Choose Remote Instruction please click on the link below.
Wednesday 9/16-Friday 9/18:
ALL STUDENTS will sign on for Remote Learning.
More information will follow.
--> Remote only students will continue with remote learning.
--> Blended Learning students will start coming into the building on their assigned day based on their cohort.
**Dates may be subject to change, pending the New York Department of Education calendar**
This fall, PS 185 will be offering blended learning, a mix of in-person days at school and remote-learning days at home. The default for all students is to participate in their schools’ blended learning schedules.
If you want more information about blended learning and the 2020-2021 school year visit Return to School 2020 web page: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-year-20-21/return-to-school-2020
At any time of year, for any reason, you can choose fully remote learning for your child. This means they would learn 100% remotely (all online, from home). Remote learning includes live interaction with teachers every day, and every class includes live instruction.
To choose fully remote learning for your child, fill out and submit this form.
If you have difficulties completing this form online, call 311.
If you choose fully remote learning for your child, you will have the option to change back to blended learning at a few specific times during the school year, beginning in November 2020.
Link below: https://www.nycenet.edu/surveys/Guardian
*For questions, please contact Mrs. Verveniotis beginning on September 1st.
Arrival will be as followed:
Grades 1-5 will begin at 8:30 AM
Kindergarten will begin at 8:40 AM
Dismissals will be as followed:
Kindergarten and 1st Grade at 1:40 PM
2nd and 3rd Grade at 1:45 PM
4th and 5th Grade at 1:50 PM
* Students will be leaving from specific exits.
* All students will be eating lunch at the same time, not in the cafeteria. Lunch will be bought to students.
* All students can get breakfast and lunch. They can also bring their own.
* Lunch applications is available online. Please fill them out completely so our school can get federal funding.
* Every Student must wear a Mask.
*Temperature checks will be taken randomly. If your child has symptoms please keep them home and get them tested.
* Please notify the school if your child has tested positive for Covid-19. This information will be kept private but the school needs to be informed for safety concerns.
* There will be directional signs all over the building to show students where they can go. Certain staircase are for going up and down only.
* Blended/Hybrid learning cohorts are grouped from A-C. Remote is group D. Blended learning can choose to switch at anytime but as of now remote can not.
* Please make sure to update your NYC account as all information regarding your child and school is being sent to that account.
* All classes were granted as per requirements for all students to the best of the schools ability.